Tuesday, 9 September 2014

Rimmel Glam'eyes HD | Review

Hi Lovelies,


I am know as an Anglophile, it might be one of my distinctive features if you will. You will therefore undoubtedly understand I got a little bit excited when I lay eyes on these beauties a long while ago. Even though they are a drugsstore brand, Rimmel isn't the cheapest of them out there. They are not quite L'oreal/ Bourgeois pricey but still a little bit too much for my liking. Read on to find out how they ended up with me in the end.



My heart melted a little when these came out. They were really up my street but just a little too much for what I wanted to spend. Recently I was in Action and I found them there, sitting in the Rimmel/Maybeline bin. Priced at 2.39 euro I picked them up making my inner Brit-lover excited.

I picked up two:


  • 004: Green Park



Green Park is a union jack made up of various shades of green, The biggest cross is a brighter nice olive green, the smallest triangles are a deep olive green, the other triangles are more of a bowny green and lastly the diagonal stripes are a greeny gold.
  • 007: Heart of Gold



Heart of gold is made up out of golden hues as the name would suggest. The big cross in this case is a warm copper colour, the tiny triangles are a yellow gold, the bigger ones a soft goldeny pink and the diagonals are a deep warm brown.


Green Park's pigmentation doesn't look like much. To be honest I was a little disappointed when I started swatching. However with a bit of effort they were buildable. They were a little more visible in real life. There is a bit of fall out as I was a little bit to desperate to make them show up so I might have gone a bit overboard.


Heart of Gold is my fave, I kind of knew it would be when I picked it up. The pigmentation here was amazing. However my brush was slightly damp as I wiped it on a make up wipe between swatching. the colours here are amazing and the shadow was incredibly soft. I can see myself using this quite often!

There is only one downside to these beauties:

As you can see in the picture above things get a little bit messy, as all shadows do, but because of the design of the tin they can get mixed up a bit. You can see a bit of cross over in the swatch of the golden shade. 

I don't know if these shades are still available or if this product is still in the current range as I picked them up at Action. However if you come across them by chance they are definitely worth to come home with you.

Lots of Love
Ellenore

No comments:

Post a Comment