Friday, 14 February 2014

Valentine's Love Letters

Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago, I bought the stampy set from the Essence LE Love Letters. And because it's Valentine's day, I thought I'd finally try it out!







 In the box you can find a rubber stamp, an image plate (with plastic foil on top, don't forget to remove this before stamping ;-) ) and a scraper.

This is the plate without the plastic foil on top.

This was my setup. I used a paper towel underneath, so the image plate would'n move while scraping and it's also easy to immediately wipe your plate, scraper and stamp after each use.
I just followed the instructions that are on the back of the box. It did take me a few tries before I got the hang of it. I have another stamp that I used before and handling this one is a bit different.
But it's fairly easy: You put some nail polish on the desired design on the plate, scrape it with the scraper, take of the polish with the stamp with a rolling motion and then with that same rolling motion transfer the image to your nails and you're done!

I chose a butterfly and a cupid for my ring fingers, and love letters for my thumbs ;-).

I used Catrice 800 Heavy Metallilac as a base and used Essence Stamp me White! as the stamping polish.

The designs on my nails are not perfect, but I don't know whether that's because of the image plate or because of the stamp polish. Sometimes it took me a few tries to get the image correctly on the rubber stamp, sometimes the edges were smudgy.  Also, this stamping polish takes longer to dry than I anticipated, because when I put a clear top coat on top, the designs became runny :-(.

The overall result is not that satisfiying, but maybe I should try it again later with different polishes and see if there is a difference in the result.

Thanks for reading,

Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment