Saturday, 9 November 2013

Whovember | Rory

Hi lovelies,


Today is Rory day! Only 14 days to go! My facebook and tumblr are almost exploding with Doctor Who goodness. But I guess this is peanuts compared to what it will be like when the party really kicks of on the 23th.


Ok stepping into dangerous waters here. I know some out there don't really consider Rory a companion because he kind of tagged along with Amy but to me he is definitely one of my faves. I love his story arc, his love for Amy, his loyalty to the Doctor... Oh, don't get me started on my love for Rory Pond.
His polish had to be something solid like the man himself. Because let's face it, even though he comes across as insecure at times, Rory has his values and he lives by them. So that's why we thought yellow, green and brown for colours. All good but the availability of brown glitter is kind of low and to go for a brown polish... well lets say that was just a bit too far out of our comfort zone. (Maybe it should be tried...)
This is what it turned into:




It isn't top notch. The bar glitter in this is supposed to stand in for brown hexes but it kind of had a life of its own. I don't really dislike the effect but it isn't the finest hour, and not really Rory either. This one will definitely have to be revisited at some time. As I said I don't hate how this turned out but it's not my favourite. Kind of sad as I really do like Rory.






Formula wise I have to say this was very surprisingly a breeze. Yellow tends to go on very patch and be very sheer but with this creation I had no such problems. Yet it was sheer enough to let the glitter shine trough. One nail is 3 thin coats the others are only 2!

Seeing as Rory gave me a bit of trouble, do you guys have any suggestions on how he should have been?

Lots of Love
Ellenore

No comments:

Post a Comment