Wednesday, 4 September 2013

Personal | Blog about Prague: Day 3

On the third day, we decided to go to the Spanish Synagogue, the Jewish Cemetary and the Dancing House.



We couldn't find a way in, so we figured you couldn't visit the inside... Thus, we only have a picture of the outside. We ended up going to the Jewish Cemetary (I love cemetaries), but it was overflowing with people and Céline doesn't like cemetaries so we didn't go inside. We just walked around it.


If you're wondering why Céline looks freaked out in the picture below, it's because three men started fighting 10 metres away from us while we were sitting in a park by the water. Luckily they made up after about 10 minutes.


We walked by the Vltava river to get to the Dancing House, which Céline wanted to see. It was a controversial building when it was being built, because people thought it would clash with the historical style of Prague. 



Céline had brought some nail polish with her that I wore for the rest of the trip: MAC's Hangin' Loose. If you're wondering why I was toting around a Tiffany's bag, it's because we went window shopping in the expensive shopping street. When we entered Tiffany's to look around (and sadly not buy anything), we asked if we could take a catalogue and the saleswoman gave us each a Tiffany's bag with the booklet. Salespeople in the other shops were suddenly a lot nicer. I wonder why... ;)


This building was so cool. It had 'Praha' (with is Czech for Prague) written on it across the windows.




Afterwards we went to the hotel, so Céline could get changed, but not before stopping at the market and getting a lemonade. Are you noticing a pattern? ;) We both took the flavour: Berry. 




Our room had this great view onto the hotel courtyard.


We both bought some stuff in the DM drogerie. This was my haul:
  1. Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Lipstick 01
  2. Rimmel Apocalips Aurora
  3. Maybelline Color Tattoo Mauve Crush
  4. Maybelline Color Tattoo On And On Bronze 

I bought a Maybelline Colorama nail polish, but I tore off the sticker and tossed it out, because I didn't realise the name was on it... And of course when I saw the camera phone charm that Lilly had been pining after, I had to buy it for her. :)


Whenever Céline wears heels and I wear flats, she towers over me even more.



We got a typical Czech sausage in a bun as dinner at the Wenceslas Square. There also happened to be a market on the square that night and while we were wandering around, Céline saw a pancake stand so we both got a dessert there. I had a chocolate-cookie crumb pancake. It was delicious.

And that was it for our last full day in Prague...

Lots of ♥,
Laure

2 comments:

  1. I've walked passed the col house with windows in the word Praha and I totally didn't noticed the windows! I got stuck on the words below which suggested to me that it was an old bank or something similar. Lovely report, I'm going to check out the previous ones :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't notice at first either and I'm usually pretty observative. It was actually Céline who first noticed it. :) I wish we had banks that looked as nice in Belgium.

      Thank you! :)

      Delete