Wednesday, 17 July 2013

Ticket to Paradise Essence

Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago I bought 2 polishes from the Essence Ticket to Paradise LE.



The green turquoise colour is "01 Dive with me to the Island" and the gold one is "02 Tropical Heat".


They are semi-transparent nail polishes and to show this I applied them to 2 fingers for each colour. 1 finger has 1 coat, while the other has had 3 coats.
On my index finger you can see 1 coat of Dive with me to the Island while my middle finger had 3 coats. My ring finger has 1 coat of Tropical heat while my pinkie got 3 coats.
My thumb got 1 coat of Dive with me to the Island as a base coat with 1 coat of Tropical Heat on top.

I'm very in love with Dive with me to the Island. I'm not a big fan of semi-transparent nail polishes, but I just love the colour when it's completely opaque. It takes more time to dry because of the three layers for this colour alone without base and top coat, but this colour is such a nice summer colour that I'm sure I'll be wearing this one a lot.

Tropical heat is practically invisible when you just apply one coat. Even when you apply 3 coats, it's still not opaque. It looks like a nice gold in the bottle, but in reality it is not. It's also tough to apply, It's very hard to get the gold shimmer somewhat evenly spread out. I'm not happy with this polish, It doesn't make a good topcoat either. I don't like the combination of Tropical Heat on top of Dive with me to the Island and it streaked and was hard to spread when I tried to put it on top of another colour. I think I'll just use this one to try and make a Franken polish.

Lilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment