Sunday, 21 July 2013

Personal | New King of Belgium & Summer Weather

Today is a big day in Belgium. Not only is the 21st of July our national holiday, but by the end of the day, we'll also have a new king. On 3 July, our King, King Albert II, anounced that he had decided to abdicate in favour of his eldest son, Prince Philippe, who will be crowned today.
2013 seems to be a year of change for the monarchies in Western Europe. First the Netherlands and now Belgium!

King Albert II was on the throne for 20 years, so he's been king for as long as I can remember. It'll be quite a change, seeing as the personalities of King Albert and Prince Phillippe are pretty different but we'll see how it goes...


Any way, I hope the nice weather we've had for the past few days persists. We're finally having a nice, warm summer. I've really enjoyed sitting in the garden with the dogs and a nice cool drink.



Schweppes Agrum with loads of ice, just the thing I like to cool off with... Usually, I'm not a hug Schweppes lover, but when I'm melting, it's just the thing I need to make the heat bearable.



As you can see, I'm rocking nubs at the moment. While filing my nails, one of them broke so I cut them all. I've decided to give them a few weeks to recuperate so I haven't worn nail polish for the last 2 weeks...


I've finally been able to use the bag my sister brought with her from Uganda last summer! It's made from some sort of leaves, but it's sturdy and the finishing touch is nicely done. It can't fit that much, but it's perfect if I just want to take my keys, my mobile phone and my wallet. 

I hope the weather is also nice where you are. Have a great week!

Lots of ♥,
Laure

No comments:

Post a Comment