Saturday, 20 July 2013

L'oreal L'or noir swatches

Hi lovelies,

Today was another amazing day weather wise. I spent a lot of it outside. However I have started going through my mountain of pictures I have taken over the past weeks.
I think Lilly might have mentioned it but in Belgium and surrounding countries we have sales so we have lot in store for you guys.

But first up:



So after a quick sneak what do you think? Isn't it amazing?
L'or noir is part of a LE for the film festival of Cannes. I have read other reviews of it and they haven't been alround positive. And I kind of see where they're coming from.

So L'or noir is a black base with different sizes gold glitter in it. The base is quite sheer but you can get it opaque on 3 coats.





You can wear this polish a lot of different ways and I've tried out a few. Because the black base is not opaque I decided I would wear this over a black polish. I used 2 coats of Technic nail art pen in black on my middle, ring and little finger. I could have gotten away with 1 coat because the black of l'or noir is not a complete pushover :)

On my ring finger and thumb I had gone with L'or noir on it's own. I actually preferred it that way. It adds so much depth to the polish. Like that, it reminds me of a city at night with all the lights on. I get a lovely summer, beach city kind of feel. It reminds me of a trip to Lorret du Mare as a teenager. I had great fun in Spain but it was kind of a magical moment sitting on the beach, the sea so close, the city behind us, watching the sun set. When we turned to face the city again all the lights were on and it was a lovely sight.

But here's the catch: on it's own it's a pretty fragile polish. I had 3 coats on my thumb and 4 on my index finger, but it chipped after about 1.5 days... I didn't wear a basecoat but I did have a coat of seche vite (a very nice birthday surprise from the girls) to close it off.

What I did then to get that depth is use 2 coats over a black base. But as you can see on my middle finger (where I tried this) it's chipping as well. It lasted a day longer though. I guess the amount and the size of glitter makes this polish pretty brittle.

But look at this:



the pics are intentionally blurry :P
Doesn't it transport you back to that hot summer evening where you felt on top of the world, just enjoying the beauty of the world around you?
Just because of that I'm willing to forgive it it's flaws. I will definitely be reaching for this as a night out polish.
Chances are we are going to the Fringe Theater festival in Edinburgh and it will be going with me for sure then.

Do you guys suffer from these temporary laps of logic as well? Just liking something (a polish) despite all that is wrong with it?
Would you consider a polish like this?

Lots of love
Ellenore

No comments:

Post a Comment