Monday, 24 June 2013

Stick it on!

Hi everyone,

I wanted to try nail stickers/nail foil for a while now, and while I was shopping with Ellenore and Laure (Yes!, that's what we did after our final exam), I finally found some AND they were on discount (Believe it or not, but Di is the only shop where I found such things). They were 50% off, so I couldn't resist.

Scrunched Aluminium, Envy Wraps by Elegant Touch
I cut off excess sticker parts and put them back on the packaging.



They're called Envy Wraps from Elegant Touch. There are 24 stickers (for fingers and toes), but I used all the small ones for my fingers, so there are zero left for my toes (well, only for my big toe, maybe :-p). When you read the instructions, it recommends a base and top coat. So that's what I did. I used base and top coat from Kruidvat.

Envy Wraps, with Kruidvat base & top coat as base coat, no top coat

These wraps are really easy. Once your base coat is dry, you just peel of the sticker and place it on your nail. The only difficulty is placing it right in the middle, but if you want to redo it, it's not a problem. You just peel off the sticker, and retry. You file off excess parts of the sticker and you're basically done. If you want those stickers to last longer, you can put on a clear top coat. They are super easy and you don't have to worry about cats coming and ruining your nail polish, because the stickers themselves don't need to dry. (Yes, my cats were curious and came looking quite closely ;-) )

Envy Wraps, with Kruidvat base & top coat (both base and top coat)

If you want more information on how to use them, I watched "how to: nail polish strips" on Youtube by ittybittyannie.

There are some small bubbles on the sides, but they don't really show unless you really look for them. The pattern of the sticker camouflages that.

So, I can say that I'm really happy with the result. Unfortunately, even when they were on discount, they still cost me 4,49 euros, which is more than a bottle of Essence nail polish. Such a shame they're more expensive. I can't wait till summer discount season to see if more will be on sale.

Update: I applied these stickers on Sunday evening, and Tuesday evening the first chips were coming loose. I applied another clear top coat and managed to wear them 24h longer. So Wednesday evening, a whole part of my left middle finger came loose and I could just pull everything off in one go, base coat included. I think it was just my base coat coming loose. So I managed to wear these for 72h or so. But not to worry, today I found some Disney Minnie Mouse nail stickers on sale at Claire’s (for 3 euros). I don’t know when I’ll wear them, but I’ll try to make a post when I do ;-).

Lilly

3 comments:

  1. I really like them! I've wanted to try some l'oreal ones (what is it with me and l'oreal this past month...) but they are really expensive and not on sale. When I have the time I will definitely be visiting Claire's! Minnie Mouse!!!!! The Disney fan girl in me is screaming: want want want!!!(very loudly over the little voice that keeps reminding me about a no buy I'm supposed to be on)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's best to delay the no buy till after summer discount season ;-)

      Delete