Wednesday, 1 May 2013

Swatches | Sapphire Moon

Hi sweeties!

Today I have the review for a Rituals polish I wore a couple of weeks ago: Sapphire Moon. For those of you who don't know Rituals, it's a Dutch brand that's vegan-friendly and focuses on products for body and facial care. They also have some stellar make-up. ;)


No Topcoat - Indirect Sunlight









Topcoat - Direct Sunlight









Packaging







Bottle



  • Name: Sappire Moon
  • Brand: Rituals
  • Collection: Permanent
  • Amount: 10 ml (0.33 fl. oz.)

Colour and Finish

The colour is a very dark near-black blue with subtle blue shimmer. The shimmer is a lot more visible in the bottle than on the nails. If you're wearing this polish and you're in the shade, it'll look black. But in the sun, it clearly shows up blue with shimmer and the shimmer goes crazy. It's as incredibly sparkly in the sun as it is understated in the shadow. I love these kinds of vampy shades.

Sapphire Moon, like most Rituals polishes, is super shiny on it's own. If you only wear top coat for it's shine, you really don't need to bother for this nail varnish, because you probably won't see much of a difference. The first few pictures, in indirect sunlight, were taken before I put a top coat on.


Application

The application is okay, though the varnish is a little thicker than I'm used to. Luckily it's self-leveling, so I didn't end up with an uneven mess. The first coat was a bit streaky, but that's not something a second coat can't fix.

The formula is good. It lasted on my nails for 6 days before it started chipping on the 7th day. That's almost a week! Before that, I only had some minor tip wear. So if you don't like to change nail polish often, Rituals might be the brand for you. ;)


Packaging

The packaging is so pretty! The bottle comes in a little box that has all the information you could wish for. The box is black with some red-ish shimmer, just like the bottle cap. The box opens on it's side and the colour inside is vibrant red.

The bottle is made of glass and feels very sturdy (a little heavy almost). The name of the lacquer can be found both on the box and on the bottom of the bottle. Seeing as all the information is on the box, the bottle is very minimalistic and besides the sticker on the bottom, only bears the name of the brand and the phrase "contains pure ruby".


Price

I bought this during sales and so I got an okay deal. Otherwise, seeing as the RRP is € 10, I wouldn't have bought it on account of being too expensive for my budget.

The deal: If you bought 3 products out of a limited selection (I also got another polish and a topcoat), you got a reduction of 50 %. Who am I to argue with that? My purchases were then put in a mini-bag, along with some samples. I felt so fancy, walking around with my tiny bag hanging from my arm! :)


Cruelty Free

Rituals doesn't test on animals. It doesn't contain toluene or formaldehyde.
The ingredients are visible on the box, which is pictured above.



Pros
  • Opaque.
  • Dries quickly.
  • Very shiny.
  • Self-leveling.
  • Lasts long.
  • Contains ruby and sapphire.       
  • Not tested on animals.
Cons
  • Price: € 10.
  • Little streaky on first coat.


Lots of ♥,
Laure

What's the most you've ever spend or would spend on a nail polish? Are there some brands or products you only buy on sale?

No comments:

Post a Comment