Thursday, 7 March 2013

Mint me Up Swatches

Hi Lovelies,

As I promised some swatches from my haul from last week. I bought some new polishes from Catrice and Essence. I swatched each new colour on one of my nails and had Lilly choose which to show you first. She chose Mint me up from Catrice. And what a good choice!!!

I've been looking for the ultimate mint colour. I love the very pastely ones with a more blue undertone. While Mint me up is none of that it is still simply stunning!!!


More after the jump.
So about the polish: it's pretty opaque. One coat would do but it is also pretty thick so gets streaky pretty quick. It's a really pretty mint green (no hint of blue here) with a subtle golden shimmer. The pictures really don't bring out the gold enough. They don't do the polish justice. It does tend to dry a bit on the duller side but top coat finishes this issue pretty easily. I think it would also make a good matte. I'm gonna try it soon.  The pictures are 2 coats with a top coat (better than gel nails top sealer from essence).




The pics were taken at the office with my new camera and I didn't have time to correct them, these are the raw images.

I love this polish.

What do you guys think?

Lots of Love
Ellenore

1 comment:

  1. I really need to buy this... Can you still see the copper specks on the nails or are they less visible than in the bottle? ( I love polishes with copper specks!)

    ReplyDelete