Thursday, 14 March 2013

Swatches | Makes Me Smile

Hi sweeties,

Today, I bring to you a review for Makes Me Smile. This nail polish was part of the Natural section of Catrice's NEONaturals Limited Edition Collection.

Let me tell all about it, because it's amazing. Sorry, NYC's Full Metal Jacket! You're no longer my favourite!
Like Full Metal Jacket, Makes Me Smile is a champagne coloured foil and it is gorgeous.




I bought it on sale: € 1!

It still has the old Catrice brush.



Close-ups to show the real structure and finish of the polish. So pretty!


All of the pictures were taken in indirect sun light.


  • Name: Makes Me Smile
  • Brand: Catrice 
  • Collection: NEONaturals
  • Amount: 10 ml (0.33 fl. oz.)

Colour and Finish

I'm in love with this nail polish! I just can't stop looking at it, both on camera and on my nails! It's a champagne coloured foil with some subtle copper particles and it catches the light beautifully.

Some people may say that it looks more like a winter shade, but I feel like you can wear it any time of the year. It gives you an instant chic factor.


Application

It applied like heaven. On the first coat, it's quite sheer, but by adding a second coat, you eliminate that problem. 

However, I'm wearing 3 thin coats in the pictures, because I wanted the very best result (and the application was so smooth and easy, I just wanted to keep going ;)). Using several coats was no problem, seeing as the polish dried very quickly and didn't cause any bubbles.

This Limited Edition Collection was released before the new permanent collection, so it still has the old Catrice brush, which is wide and has a rounded tip. Sometimes this sort of brush gives me some trouble, but either I've gotten used to it, or I just happened to have a good one, because I had no trouble with it this time around.

Price

I paid € 1 on sale, but the retail price (in Belgium) was € 2,69.


Cruelty Free

Catrice doesn't test on animals.
For those who are interested, their nail polishes are also big 5 free, meaning they don't contain the Big 3: Formaldehyde, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP) and Toluene nor do they contain Formaldehyde Resin and Camphor.


Pros
  • Great formula: not streaky at all, no bubbles.
  • Dries quickly.
  • Gorgeous finish.
  • Good price.
  • Not tested on animals.
Cons
  • Not very opaque, needs at least 2 coats, better with 3.


Lots of ♥,
Laure

Do you have a favourite nail polish or shade?
Do you coordinate your make-up and nails with the seasons or do you wear whatever you feel like?

2 comments:

  1. It's indeed a very nice looking polish. I saw you wearing it and your nails looked fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hun! :) I think you could tell from me shoving my nails under everyone's nose, that I've really fallen for this polish. XD

      Delete