Monday, 28 January 2013

Shopping Spree

Hello everyone,


It's me again. So as predicted, I went on a shopping spree. I'm in a bad mood and it's not getting better. I felt I deserved something for myself and I bought 7 polishes today, 5 of them were on discount though. So enough about me, I'm sure you're all wondering what polishes I actually bought.





C05 Have a Good Day (NEONaturals LE) by Catrice
C02 Natural is Calling (NEONaturals LE) by Catrice

The first coat of these polishes is easy to apply, although they are a bit more liquid than other nail polishes I'm used to. They need at least 2 coats to be opaque, but you get the best result when applying 3 coats. You have to make sure the first coat is really, really dry, otherwise you'll get stripes and then it's not so easy anymore to smooth things out. Have a Good Day looks to be a grey colour with a bit of shimmer when inside the bottle, but when on your nails, it's actually more blue than grey. Natural is Calling has pretty much the same colour inside the bottle as when applied to your nails, only a bit darker.

04 Top of the Ice-Stream (Snow Jam LE) by Essence

At first I wasn't going to buy something from the Snow Jam edition, but considering I still didn't own a white polish, I decided it couldn't do me much harm. I feared it was going to be a gel like substance like the colour and go polish I bought last summer, but luckily it isn't. It's easy to apply and even has small blue glitter in it when you look closely. And it does remind me of the snow outside that melted only a day ago.


02 Circus Confetti (Nail Art Special Effect Topper) by Essence

The plastic nail next to the bottle got 1 coat of Circus Confetti. It's a combination of glitter in different sizes and different colours: blue, pink, silver, green, orange and red. It's a fun top coat for Carnival. I also find it quite easy to spread the glitters with the brush, so if you're not happy with the location of the glitters, you can easily move them.


01 Feels So Good (Re-Mix your Style Love Top Coat) by Essence

Feels So Good is a milky colour topcoat with pink shimmer in it which turns more transparent when dried. You don't really see it in the picture, but it's a really nice effect when you move your nail's in the light. It's a topcoat that will give your nails that little bit of extra when you feel your nail polish is a bit dull.


01 Waking Up in Vegas (Re-Mix your Style Dance Top Coat) by Essence
08 Night in Vegas (Nail Art Special Effect Topper) by Essence

First I found Night in Vegas in the store, but after browsing through the discount bins, I also found Waking Up in Vegas and at first I thought I had found the same polish but with a good discount on it. But when I held both bottles in my hands, I noticed they weren't the same. Although they look the same. So I bought both to compare and indeed, at first sight you would say that they are exactly the same. But, when looking more closely, you can see that the flakes in Night in Vegas are a little bigger. Anyway, I'm glad I have 2 bottles with these flakes, I absolutely love them. I'm wearing them now over Have a Good Day (by Catrice) and it's a match made in heaven ;-) and totally fits my style and personality. When there is no light directly shining on the flakes, they are a dull blue colour, but when light is shining on them, depending on the direction of the light, they shine either a gold colour or a pink colour.


I know I said I wouldn't put on polish because of my chipped and splitted nails (hence the short nails), but I just couldn't wait to try on this combination.

So, I'm a little bit in a better mood now, hopefully it will last a while longer before my state of mind goes to thunderclouds and rain again.

Hope you enjoyed my post,


Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment