Friday, 28 December 2012

Nail Art | Mistleto(e)gether

Hi sweeties,

Sorry for the late post, but the holiday season is a busy one, as we all know. I made this nail art for Christmas, but I only got around to taking pictures today.

I had already picked my dark red and gold polishes, but I had several ideas, so you may get some more nail art with these colours. ;)

As with most of my nail art, it kind of evolved while I was making it. (I'm indecisive like that. Oops.)

I knew I wanted to practise my stamping, especially with non-stamping polishes, but I was kinda unsure about it, so I picked one that had worked out well for me in the past. You might recognise it for my nail art A (May)day at the Office. When I finished that, I felt like something was missing so I put some mistletoe on my ring finger et voilĂ ! Christmas nails!
It's a little busy, but I like it.





I'll put some more pictures and info behind the jump and also some extra shots A (May)day at the Office of in the sun.




Polishes used:
  • Caught on the Red Carpet by Catrice
  • Full Metal Jacket by NYC
  • King of Greens by Catrice
  • Raspberry Fields Forever by Catrice
  • Million Styles Effect Topcoat No Smoke Without Fire by Catrice
  • Million Styles Effect Topcoat Godfather of Pearl by Catrice
  • Million Styles Effect Topcoat Million Dollar Baby by Catrice
  • Stamping plate by Essence
  • Top coat

This sounds like a lot but the Million Styles Effect Topcoats where used for accents:
No Smoke Without Fire for the shading of the leaf, Godfather of Pearl for the highlights of the berries and Million Dollar Baby for a line of glitter.





I also took some pictures of my previous nail art in the sun, which I never showed, so without further ado, here they are:



I hope you've had lovely holidays, and I wish you a happy new year!

Lots of ♥,

Laure




4 comments:

  1. I just love your stamping skills! It's really neat and looks amazing. I like the accent of mistletoe, it breaks the repetitive design. And has the perfect Christmassy feeling :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, love! :) That's sweet of you to say.
      I'm still quite nervous about stamping though... It's cool what you can do with it, but tricky.

      Delete
    2. Laure you are deff our nail art girl!! It's one of the most christmasy ones I have seen so far. Amazing job! :D

      Delete