Sunday, 23 December 2012

Christmassy hands and feet

Hello everyone,

when I woke up this morning, I just couldn't help myself. I had to have Christmas themed nail art. Considering it's my first serious attempt at nail art, I'm quite happy with the result. It's also the perfect excuse to use one of the new top coats from the Kleancolor haul.

base: 03 Mystic Lilac by Essence
tree: 03 A Piece of Forever by Essence
topcoat: 88 Firework by Kleancolor

So, as you can see, I put a decorated Christmas tree on my thumb :-) . The base is 03 Mystic Lilac from the Essence LE Wild Craft, then I used 03 A Piece of Forever from the Essence Twilight Breaking Dawn LE to fill the tree (I cut the shape of a tree out of paper tape and used it as a stencil to fill the tree) and finally I used the topcoat 88 Firework from the Kleancolor haul to make it look like the tree is decorated. On my other fingers I just used the basecoat and the topcoat. When I took the picture, I noticed my thumb wasn't as shiny as the others, so afterwards, I put "base and top coat" from Kruidvat on top to make it more shiny.

Because I haven't reviewed 88 Firework yet, I'll give you a short description of how I experienced using this topcoat.
It's quite hard to spread the glitter, but then again, this happens with all glitter polishes I think.
It dries rather slowly (I somehow smacked my hand against the table an hour and a half after I put on the topcoat, and some of the topcoat can now be found on the tablecloth instead of my nail)
But overall, It's really nice glitter so I'm giving it a total of 7,5/10 (It would have been an 8 or even 8,5 if it wasn't for the slow drying)

But not only did I do my nails on my hand today, oh no, I went totally Christmas crazy and put some stars on my toe nails as well.

base: 01 Blues of Being Cool by Essence
stars: 03 A Piece of Forever by Essence
topcoat: C08 Have an Ice Day by Catrice
(ps: I apologise for inflicting eye injury by looking at a picture of my toes :p )

I used 01 Blues of Being Cool from the Essence Class of 2013 LE as a base. Again I used the 03 A Piece of Forever from the Essence Twilight Breaking Dawn LE to make the star and put the instant glam C08 Have an Ice Day from Catrice top coat on top to make it even more festive. Even though I probably won't be showing my feet in the next few days (with all the rain falling from the sky and all that), but I just couldn't help myself.

So Merry Christmas everyone!

3 comments:

  1. It's so cute! I especially love your toes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realllly dig the nail art! Keep it up, you can't tell it's your first time!

    ReplyDelete